Saturday, April 3, 2010

WIPs - Yikes

Okay, when I started this quilting thing I told myself that I would not start a new project until I had finished my last one. And I stuck with that for quite some time, I think maybe 2 years or so. But that is all out the window now. In order to make the point more obvious to myself I made a list and put it on this blog, top right I think, for everyone to see. I am hoping that this will motivate me to GET SOME THINGS FINISHED! (Although I don't often see that page of my blog. I am in the editor more than anything. Hmmm.)

I really don't like having this many projects going at once. Of course, I do have a few excuses. Really.


I have no idea what I am going to do with the pinwheels. The next step is to put some sashing on them and then lay them out. But I don't have a design wall. And the blocks are huge so I'm not sure how I am going to work that one out. I originally thought I would make 3 separate quilts from the one layer cake of City Girl. But now, I have no idea....


For the Butterfly Jars I unfortunately keep finding great butterfly fabric, so I have to catch up on some blocks so I can put it together. But it should happen sooner rather than later so I don't have an excuse to buy more butterfly fabric. Hmmm. That may be my next goal - get that one done. Which means I will get the bug jar I am donating done as well. It is basically the same parts and pieces so it is much easier to do them both at the same time.


Authentic coins I really don't like. I did get the background fabric just recently. It just needs to get put together so I can get the big picture. I don't like the elements separately. I am hoping I will like it all together.

And I could go on. And I probably will, but later. The Butterfly jars are the first on the list to get done. (Mainly because I have black thread in my machine right now and they need black thread!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.