Thursday, April 15, 2010

Peanut's quilt made with love

My neighbor did a sweet and wonderful thing when I was pregnant. She got a list of friends and family from my husband. She sent them a 6" muslin square and asked them to create a block. She encouraged sewing, quilting, applique, painting, whatever they felt comfortable with. And then they sent them back to her and she made me this. It hangs above Bug's Crib. (Although she is getting so tall that she can reach it now. It is only a matter of time before it comes flying off the wall.) It truly is a treasure for me, and hopefully will be for Bug as she gets older.

(Great Aunt Donna, Kristin, Cousin CeCe, Great Aunt Donna, Great Aunt Martha, Jenifer, Great Aunt Marie, Great Aunt Elizabeth, Grandma Grace, AmyGrace and Michelle, Paula, Cousin Kelly, Great Aunt Rozy, Ariana, Aunt Caroline, Great Aunt Gayle, Great Aunt Jeanne, Jacque, Aunt Michelle, Grandma Sandy)

When I was pregnant with Bug we called her Peanut. We did not announce her name until people were introduced to her. So that is why it is Peanut's quilt. And why that name is embroidered on there as well.

This was supposed to be a secret project. But a few of my friends started talking about it. And these were separate friends that this happened with. When I called them on it they said, yeah but you knew anyhow, didn't you. And I admitted that I did. I guess they know me pretty well....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.