Monday, October 5, 2009

My first quilt

This is my first quilt. Although I don't know if you can really call it a quilt.


This was made maybe 18 years ago. I washed the bandanas many, many times before putting it together. To make sure they wouldn't bleed and also to soften them up. It is definitely soft now! The back is a twin sheet and I put buttons in the corners where they come together. This has been our picnic blanket for years. It sits in a basket by the back door to be used on the grass or to cozy up with on the hammock when it cools down.

That is just one of my favorite things. I think the hammock gets used more in the cool weather, at night all wrapped up, than in the summer.


The pillow was pretty easy. I did the zipper first and then the other sides. Still not a fan of putting in zippers, but this one went pretty fast.


I need to make more of these bandana quilts. I really love them. Anyone have any bandanas they want to part with? (Only those not used as hankies, please.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.