Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spiderweb quilt for Halloween


This is one of the first quilts I made. I saw one like it at a show and thought the quilting was so clever. Although she had Boo written in hers. There was no way I was going to attempt words. I just stuck to the basic spiderweb. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I used a neon green thread for the quilting and I love it. You can't see it all that well in this photo though. If you click it to enlage it is a little better, but not much. Next thing to work on, better photography.

The fabric on the back is so dang cute.
As I write this I realize that I did this quilt before I took any classes. And I think that I might have been more hesitant to try the quilting myself if I had done the project during those classes. All (okay, most) of the women who shared their projects in that class were either professional LA quilters or had hired someone to LA for them. I also have to acknowledge here that I was the youngest person in the class. It was a senior adult education quilting class put on by the local community college. And it was free. My neighbor introduced me to the class and I loved it. And they didn't seem to care how old I was. But the point is that during that time I was too afraid to quilt anything myself. I did okay before the class, and I have done some since I stopped going to the class. But during that time period I think I thought everything had to be quilted on a LA to look 'professional'. Hmmm. Something to think about.

Now I just go for it.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I love Halloween. Your butterflies in the previous post are sweet! I haven't seen butterflies in jars like that before, a nice twist rather than candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.