Saturday, April 17, 2010

the coolest thing ever (to me)

My cousin gave me the coolest thing ever. She quilts and she knows all sorts of great tricks. I was complaining (what's new) that I really can't cut straight. My ruler veers off to the left as I get to the top of it, making all of my cuts really not straight. Which, combined with my less than perfect 1/4" seam and the fact that I really don't like to iron fabric before I cut it, makes for some harder than it has to be quilting.

So she gave me some wonder dots. To me they are wonder dots. In reality they are sandpaper dots you put on the bottom of your ruler so that it doesn't slide. It was one of those ta-da moments when I finally (found them again and) put them on the ruler. Huge difference. Amazing.


These are not actually the ones she gave me. Those are much smaller and there was no brand on them at all. But I am attempting to limit the posts I do with no photos. Not really blog savvy from what I can tell.

So go get you some dots. Works like a charm.

1 comment:

  1. Hi HRH Gigi, The name makes me smile too! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! Happy Quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.