Friday, April 2, 2010

Bug Jar Quilts

My cousin CeCe, or officially Diane, and if you want to get really official, she is actually my cousin-in-law, had a great idea to make bug jar quilts for my nephews in memory of their brother Anthony. And she asked if I wanted to help. And yes, I did want to help.




We got help from some other people as well. CeCe is in a guild here (cannot for the life of me remember which one! sorry!) and many of the members donated bug fabrics. And a friend of a friend donated quite a few fabrics as well. (Thank you so much Mariealena! Check out her blog at Sam Quilts.)

Anthony was always coming home with some kind of creature to share, so these were very appropriate for his brothers. Here is the label CeCe created for the quilt I made for the youngest. The other label was similar, but for Anthony's older brother.



These were hard to make. And I don't mean technically, that was the easy part. (Well to be honest, quilt math got the best of us both a few times. I really should keep my mouth shut more often - I do not always have the right answer. Shocking, but true.) The hard part was all the emotions that were at play each time I sat down to sew. I'm pretty sure it was the same for CeCe. I suppose it was a bit cathartic as well. Because it helps to feel like you are doing something.

A lot of love went into these quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these, Gigi. . .and for sharing your heart. (lb)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.