Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fatty, Fatty Two by Four


Seriously, that is the name of this pattern. Well, kind of. I modified it a little bit. I ended up making 2 lap quilts with only a few more large squares put in than the original pattern called for. They had an uneven number, and the placement was somewhat random - that kills me. I really need some structure, a pattern, a little reason in the design. Scrappy is very hard for me, so I overcompensate by overthinking the block placement. But hey, my overthinking on this one gave me two quilts I love.

I gave one to my best friend for Christmas and I kept one for me. Yeah! They were both quilted by Donna. This was another of the Friday Night Valet Sewing projects.

I need to find out what the project is for March. I need a fix!

2 comments:

  1. how funny you should post that quilt. I pulled mine out yesterday and I don't like it scrappy and it's HUGE!!! too HUGE! be glad you didn't do it scrappy, so needless to say it went back in the basket and it will probably be one of those that never gets quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Gigi's back. That makes me very happy! lb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.