Thursday, October 22, 2009

Denim Rag Quilt

Love this! I have to say I think this is one of my favorite all time quilts/blankets. And I am a blanket girl!


I saw an episode of Simply Quilts about 5 or 6 years ago and the guest was explaining how she does rag quilts with denim. And I was hooked. I had done one or two baby quilts with flannel and they were okay. I mean the experience. For some reason it felt more like, okay, check, made one of those. No driving desire to make any more.

But this denim variation really got my creative juices flowing. So I decided to make it almost king size. And nothing like needing a deadline to get it done. We were going to the annual family Thanksgiving picnic and the morning of I was sewing frantically to get the final rows together and begging my husbad to help clip, which he did. (This was before I got the springloaded scissors.) So that we could get it washed and dried in time to take with us. I love deadlines. It really is the only way I can get some things done.

Best hint EVER: when you move or decide to take on a new project. Throw a party. Nothing like having a party for a deadline to get things done. Ask me how I know...(That is a great story for another post. Remind me.)


Well, we got it done and this is now a great picnic, beach, cozy up on the hammock blanket. And I have made quite a few more as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.