Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A confession about the library

I love books. Adore books. Could get lost in bookstores for hours on end. And now I have a new addiction. I went to the library. For the first time in I don't know how long. So long that I am embarrassed to even think about it. It has been so long that I am overwhelmed by all the cool gadgets they now have to look up and reserve books, to check out books, all of it.

The coolest was the check out. You put your stack of books on this panel, scan your card and up pops the list of books you are checking out and boom, you are done.

I was making lists of the books to get next time I am there. I am at least trying to be realistic on how much I can get read between now and when they are due. 3 weeks! Wow. Didn't it used to just be like 10 days or something? Seriously, I am so out of the library loop.

So many subjects to explore. Oh, the possiblities. I am giddy. (And I need a little giddy right about now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.