Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wonky Stars


I am a member of the San Diego Modern Quilt Guild. And I think the term member is used kind of loosely because there aren’t any dues or officers, etc. But there is a regular gathering every month to get together and sew and share our projects.

There are also a few guild projects that have been undertaken. These wonky stars are one of them. 

Someone donated the following fabric for the backing and handed out swatches to be used for color inspiration.
 

This was my second purposefully wonky project. And I think I was hindered a bit by my scraps. So it was actually more finicky to put together than I think it should have been. But then again I had a learning curve to conquer. I had to learn how to just relax with it and trust some color choices for the big picture, even if I was cringing on the scrappy aspect. I really have a hard time with truly scrappy. I need a little order or rhyme or reason when it comes to fabrics and colors. But I keep trying. (You should see my roses.) 





So, since I haven’t been able to attend a meeting in I don’t know how many months I still need to hand these off so they can get added to the others for a kids' quilt. But I really like how they turned out. This may be an option for a fundraising quilt I want to make. I have a lot of fabrics left over from my bed quilt and I think they would work well in this format. And hopefully be a little easier for me to get scrappy with it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.