Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm not liking this...

December 20, 2009 started a very bad time on our lives. And it still lingers. I realize this is a part of life, but we (the man and I) have been sheltered from this aspect for the most part for more than 40 years. We are both very lucky in that regard. But it feels like now we have to pay for all of that sheltered time. And of course this is from my perspective which is admittedly somewhat narrowly focused, feeling very selfish and self-centered and luckily still slightly removed.

Anthony, our 8 year old nephew, was killed in a tragic accident on December 20th. A week later my dear 'Auntie' passed. Within two weeks of that we found out that three people close to us were diagnosed with cancer. Today the second of the three passed. (The third seems to have won his battle for now, thank you.) Unfortunately we had other losses in that time as well. But the news continues: My cousin will start hospice tomorrow and his immediate family is gathering around him. The man's dear college friend is fighting a loosing battle with ALS.

Anthony, Jenifer, Don, Cooper, Dick, David, Larry, Alvah, Stephen, Dave Jr. EDITED: My cousin passed. Very quickly which was good as he was in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.