Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Is that a bed skirt or a valance?

I love repurposing things!

While hunting around for nothing in particular in the clearance part of a bedding store, I found a great bed skirt for our king size bed. And lo and behold, they had 2 of them - a great shade of blue, in raw silk looking fabric, and $9 each! Yeehaw.

Did you know that a king size bed skirt makes a great window valance for a 16 foot span? Well, it does.

So this (ignore the wrinkles)

Becomes this -


I have been wanting to soften our bedroom a little since we moved in, about 1 1/2 years ago. We painted and put in crown molding - or at least hubby did - I was pregnant at the time and they wouldn't let me paint or get on ladders. But since then it just needed some finishing touches, some fabric, a little extra love. And I finally got that done this weekend. Fancy pleats and all. I love it.

(As to the wrinkles on the bed skirt that is on the bed- I got so excited to see how it would look I didn't want to wait to iron it, and then I didn't want to have to take it off again. I am hoping they hang out, but not looking good so far. I wonder how long the cord is on my iron.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.