Monday, September 21, 2009

Procrastination makes me so productive.

I am feeling somewhat productive right now. I got so many little things finished yesterday. But the reality is that I am procrastinating. Which is why I am so productive. Make sense?

I decided I would start quilting some of my projects, rather than send them out. I tried quilting once before and just got overwhlemed. I admit it was an early project, a large throw size quilt, I was following the pattern in the fabrics which may or may not have made it easier. But I was also pregnant, Christmas was looming and I had 2 of them to finish - one for my mother, and the other for my mother in law. It got to be too much. I wrapped up the partially quilted quilt and gave it to my mother, saying I would take it back to finish and then return to her. Then the very next day I did the exact same thing, with the exact same quilt, to my mother in law. And then we moved, and had a baby, and it just kind of sat there. I did send my mother-in-law's out to be quilted so that I could get it into her hands. And I did finally finish the other one for my mother. Some time that summer....



And the reality is that the more I worked on it, the easier it did get. But I still think I am intimidated.

Thus all the other things that are getting done, instead of the quilting. I pieced the back for my Figgy Pudding Christmas quilt. I created a table runner for my aunt and I loved it so much I needed one for myself. And those now have backs ready to go as well. I created a quick table runner for halloween - no quilting needed. More on that later. I've purchased the gloves that will (hopefully) make things easier, I've gotten the thread. Now I just need to move my machine into the dining room and jimmy-rig a set up to make things level with my sewing maching surface. You know, a few more things to put off actually taking those first few stitches. I'll let you know how it goes. But for now, I am glorifying in all of my productiveness!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so impressed with your sewing abilities. Way to go!
    Ok, and I'm dying to hear your party clothes story! hehehe. sounds like it's a good one....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.