Saturday, October 2, 2010

I got the call

The call that I did not want to get. My friend passed away.

And in an odd twist, a bit of irony, in the weird way things work in the world, my brother-in-law was the one to have to tell me. It was his tragedy I was relaying earlier this year. We are all so connected in so many ways.

Pay attention to each other. Pay attention to yourself. Do not let things linger. If you have been meaning to do something, do it. Do not wait. Reach out to the people that used to be important to you and tell them. Make them important again, in some small way.

Stop reading blogs and go talk to someone. Offer your biggest and most genuine smile, offer your kindness, offer anything that you can of yourself. In honor of Don.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.