Friday, July 31, 2009

Valet Sewing

I am heading out to my 'class' in just a bit. I love this set up. It is at Quilter's Cottage in Fallbrook. One Friday a month they pick the pattern, you pick the fabric for your kit, they cut it all for you, you show up with your machine and tools, dinner is served, you sew, they iron, and Voila! - most times you come home with at least the center of your top pieced. It is called Valet sewing and I just love it! A little mini-retreat.



Here is a quilt I made in one of the 'classes' a few months ago. It was for my brother and his wife who both celebrated 'big' birthdays within a month of each other.




I think the pattern is called Easier by the Dozen. And I didn't quilt it, I leave that to the professionals! I tried quilting once for one of my first creations. And wow, was that harder than I expected. Especially on my little Brother machine. But with all of the quilts I have been making lately I may need to take another stab at it, just to be able to afford to make more quilts!



So I am off to enjoy an evening dedicated only to sewing, oh, and visiting and eating and chatting. But mostly sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.