Monday, October 26, 2009

I love new tricks

Went to my glorious night of Valet Sewing on Friday. I just love it. We had such a good time creating, although this pattern was slightly more challenging. Not hard necessarily, but you really had to pay attention. Which is kind of hard when you are eating, blabbing, giggling, etc. I'll post it when it is done.

But I learned a great new trick from Marion. It seems so simple now. So, "well, duh." But it was new to me. Are you ready for it.....iron your binding. Obviously as you are making the binding you iron it. But this is after it is machine sewn on, iron it up and over the edge of the quilt to make it easier to hand sew down the edge. Again, so simple. And yet so genious. And yes, obvious. Just not to me. Until now.

I love new tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. Love the love.